Hi all, April was a crazy month at work, so I had slightly less time for reading. I stopped reading classics for a while and just worked my way through a library haul of some more recent books.
The wolf den was definitely my favourite book of the month. It is set in the ancient city of Pompeii and tells the story of 5 women in a brothel who are trying to survive. Next, I discovered the existence of stave churches in 19th century Norway and read about the Wars of the Roses in the next installment of the Kingmaker series. At the moment, I’m finishing Ariadne, a Greek myth retelling that I’m enjoying a lot so far.
Number of pages read: 1.540 pages
Number of books finished: 3
Favorite read: The wolf den
Centuries visited: 1ste century, 15th century and 19th century
Countries visited: England, Italy and Norway
Currently reading: Ariadne by Jeniffer Saint (almost finished)
Next up: Probably ‘I, Eliza Hamilton’, as it was on my TBR for 2022.
- Elektra by Jennifer Saint
- The wolf den by Elodie Harper
- The rebel daughter by Miranda Mallins
- The Tudor crown by Joanna Hickson
- I’ve started watching ‘Poldark’ again. It seems I forgot some things about season 1.
Added to my TBR
- The reindeer hunters by Lars Mytting
- Kingmaker #4: Kingdom come by Toby Clemens
- Stone blind, the new Nathalie Haynes about Medusa #excited
- The lost apothecary by Sarah Penner
What have you read in April?