I almost forgot to write this, as I didn’t realize another month has passed. I don’t really have a summer feeling, apart from the fact that my 20 books of summer challenge is going great. We experienced some grave floods and a lot of people lost their homes. It made me extremely sad. 😢
But August is my favorite month with my summer holidays, birthday and this blog’s first anniversary apparently :D.
In terms of reading this was my best month so far as I’ve finished 5 books. All lighter entertaining reads that I enjoyed a lot. My favourite was ‘The city of tears’, closely followed by ‘The last daughter’. But I can’t say anything bad about the other books either. Great reading month!
Number of pages read: 2.016 pages
Number of books finished: 5
Favorite read: The city of tears
Centuries visited: Ancient Greece, 14th century, 15th century and 21st century
Countries visited: England, France and Greece
Currently reading: I’ve started my spin result ‘Treasure island’
Next up: One of my kindle books, but I’m not sure which one yet
20 books of summer: 9/20
- Cecily by Annie Garthwaite
- Daughters of Sparta by Claire Heywood
- Far from the madding crowd by Thomas Hardy
- The crimson ribbon by Catherine Clemens
Added to my TBR
- The newest Tatiana De Rosnay (no English title yet)
- Labyrinth by Kate Mosse
- The smallest man by Frances Quinn
- ‘Luca’ at Disney+ while recovering from my second Pfizer shot. It was great!
How is your summer reading going?