Woohoo, time for another Classics Club spin! The rules are simple: list 20 books from your CC list you still need to read in a random order. At the end of this week, a number is chosen and you have to read the book that corresponds to that number on your list.
The result of the 27th edition is announced on Sunday 18th July and you’ve got time to read and review your spin book until Sunday 22nd August (and that is during my summer holidays, so this should work!).
Last time, I read Lady Chatterley’s lover which was ok but not so much fun. In the meantime, I’ve only read Hardy’s Far from the madding crowd from my classics club list and I didn’t enjoy it at all. So I could use a good spin book!
- To kill a mockingbird by Harper Lee
- Dracula by Bram Stoker
- Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
- The fifth queen by Ford Madox Ford
- North and south by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Treasure island by Robert Louis Stevenson
- The bell jar by Sylvia Plath
- The woman in white by Wilkie Collins
- Love in time of cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray
- Jamaica Inn by Daphne Du Maurier
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
- East of Eden by John Steinbeck
- Tender is the night by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Orlando by Virginia Woolf
- The remains of the day by Kazuo Ishiguro
- Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
- And then there were none by Agatha Christie
- Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoj
- I, Claudius by Robert Graves
I’m not hoping on a particular result, as I still have more than enough books to go on my list. Except for Du Maurier and Fitzgerald these are also all new authors to me. Let’s see what we get on Sunday!
Do you participate? What’s your favourite classic from this list?