I’m going to participate in my first ever classics club spin! This is just too much fun and of course I’ve still more than enough books on my list left (current status: 4/50).
The goal of a classics club spin is to list 20 books from your CC list you still need to read in a random order. At the end of this week, a number is chosen and you have to read the book that corresponds that number on your list. In this spin edition, the deadline to read (and review) the book is the 31st of May.
I was already thinking about my next classic for April/May, so I’m sure this game will help me make a choice. This is my list:
- Utopia by Thomas More
- Dracula by Bram Stoker
- My cousin Rachel by Daphne Du Maurier
- The fifth queen by Ford Madox Ford
- The trial by Franz Kafka
- The scarlet letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- North and south by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Tess d’Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy
- The prince by Niccolo Machiavelli
- Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray
- Lady Chatterly’s lover by D.H. Lawrence
- East of Eden by John Steinbeck
- Tender is the night by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
- The remains of the day by Kazuo Ishiguro
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
- Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
- Far from the madding crowd by Thomas Hardy
- Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoj
- The idiot by Fyodor Dostoeysky
Let’s see what we get on Sunday!