February always feels like a waiting month. I’m waiting for longer days, better weather, spring… and this year also an end of the lockdown. But well, in terms of reading it was another great month.
Number of pages read: 1.479 pages
Number of books finished: 4
Favorite read: The true queen by Alison Weir
Centuries visited: 16th century, 18th century, 20th century and the near future
Countries visited: England and France
Currently reading: The strange adventures of H by Sarah Burton. I’m almost finished!
Next up: I guess Amenable women by Mavis Cheek (it’s on my 2021 TBR) but I may pick up something different.
It seems as if I’m reading a lot of stories set in England and France these days. They are my favorite settings after all, but I hope to visit some other countries also. It was difficult to choose my favourite this month. The Alison Weir book received the highest rating, but I also enjoyed Flowers of darkness and the girl from Versailles a lot. Howard’s End was a classics club book which I also read in less than a week. I liked the story but found the characters a bit flat.
- Queen of the north by Anne ‘O Brien
- Milady by Laura L. Sullivan
- The man in the iron mask by Alexandre Dumas
- Catherine Of Aragon, the true queen by Alison Weir
- We’re in the middle of Black sails season 4. But for the rest, I’m just reading :D.
Links I enjoyed
- How to read more during a pandemic
- Stonehenge stones have been standing at Wales first
- How a ‘beginners mindset’ can help you learn anything
Do you like February?